What Is It?
B6 Complex is an exceptional combination of B vitamins, including vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, biotin, and folic acid (as Metafolin® L-5-MTHF), all of which are provided in their optimal bioavaiable and functional forms. This formula offers the wide ranging support of B-Complex Plus with added vitamin B6 for enhanced support for cardiovascular, nerve and metabolic system health.
• Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl and pyridoxal 5’ phosphate), supporting amino acid metabolism, nervous system health, and neurotransmitter (i.e. GABA and sero- tonin) synthesis, which studies have reported may help promote menstrual comfort. Furthermore, pyridox- ine supports healthy red blood cells by participating in hemoglobin synthesis and some studies indicate it supports wrist nerve comfort.
• Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl), processing carbohydrates, fat, and protein via its coenzyme form of thiamine pyro- phosphate (TPP). Vitamin B1 is required to form adenos- ine triphosphate (ATP), the key source of energy for the body. Thiamine also promotes neural health.
• Vitamin B2 (riboflavin and riboflavin 5’ phosphate), metabolizing nutrients and participating in electron transport to form ATP. Riboflavin is an integral part of fatty acid catabolism or β-oxidation and helps convert folic acid and vitamin B6 to their active states.
• Vitamin B3 (niacinamide and inositol hexaniacinate), supporting cardiovascular health by mediating healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.
• Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate), supporting cardiovascular health. Pantothenic acid is vital in the healthy production, transportation, and breakdown of lipids. Furthermore, this B vitamin promotes the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
• Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), supporting healthy nerve cell activity and DNA replication. Vitamin B12 is a vital component of the methionine synthase pathway, which along with folic acid and vitamin B6 supports healthy homocysteine metabolism and S-adenosyl- methionine (SAMe) production.
• Folic acid, promoting the production of healthy DNA and chromosomes. Adequate folate status is critical for nucleic acid synthesis and neurotransmitter synthesis. At the molecular level, the main function of folate is to donate methyl groups in key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues. It is provided in this formula as Metafolin®, the naturally occurring universally metabolized form of folate. Metafolin® is chemically identical to the active folate metabolite, 5-methyltetra- hydrofolate (L-5-MTHF). L-5-MTHF is the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate in food. Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, it is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations. In conjunction with vitamins B12 and B6, folic acid helps to support healthy homocysteine metabolism. Additionally, this B vitamin is important for the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells.
• Biotin, acting as a coenzyme for the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and protein.
Uses For B6 Complex
These B vitamins play important roles in nearly all of the physiological systems in the body. Some of the key supportive roles include the maintenance of muscle tone in the GI tract, the functioning of the nervous system, and the integrity of skin, hair, and the liver. Furthermore, these compounds are essential for hemoglobin formation, nerve impulse transmissions, mood, hormone synthesis, and energy metabolism. With enhanced B6, this formula especially promotes healthy cardiovascular, nerve and metabolic functions.
What Is The Source?
Pure Encapsulations B6 Complex formula contains:
Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl): synthetic Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation
Niacinamide and Inositol hexaniacinate: synthetic
Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation
Folic acid (Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF): synthetic Biotin: synthetic
Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1-2 capsules per day, in divided doses with meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
At this time, there are no known side effects or precautions. If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Folic acid may adversely interact with chemotheraputic drugs.
Each vegetable capsule contains:
Thiamine HCl (B1) 100mg (6,667%DV)
Riboflavin (B2) 5mg (294%DV)
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 100mg (500%DV)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 250mg (12,500%DV)
Folate (as Metafolin, L-5-MTHF) 400mcg (100%DV)
Vitamin B12 (as methycobalamin) 400mcg (6,667%DV)
Biotin 400mcg (133%DV)
Pantothenic acid (calcium pantothenate) (B5) 100mg (1,000%DV)
Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C) 15mg
Riboflavin 5 phosphate (activated B2) 10mg
Inositol hexanicinate (no-flush niacin) 10mg
Pyridoxal 5 phosphate (activated B6) 10mg
Other Ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water).
Contains NO: dairy, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, starch, soy, preservatives, hydrogenated oils, hidden coatings, excipients, binders, fillers, shellacs, artificial colors or fragrance.
Adults: As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.
If you are pregnant, please consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.